Re: A85: expader idea (clock)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: expader idea (clock)

A clock would be very hard to do.  You see, normal desktop model computers
have built in clocks that run constantly, nonstop.  The calculator, having to
be very small, compact, and cheap (yea right!), cannot have such a piece of
equipment in it.  However, I have had several insights into this.  It seems
that such programs as Safehold, Access Denied, and CalcuLok which, when
activated, power down the calc and wait for a certain sequence of keys to be
pushed.  This is not the case however.  The calculator enters a low-power
state, running a series of getkey calls over and over, but not actually being
off.  This is how you could do a clock.  Incorporate it into a powerdown
program for Usgard or ZShell (Usgard would be easier), so that the clock could
run nonstop, like the standard CMOS in the computer.

-Pat Gray

"That which does not kill me, better not leave me in any position to return
fire..."