Re: A85: TI85 Basic commands in asm programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: TI85 Basic commands in asm programs

>I am very interested. TI supplies many entry points in a document that I
>got from TI calc org for the 83 but is totally lacking documentation
>for the 85. I saved the 83 file in hopes of searching for comparable 85
>routines. I don't have the time to tackle the whole project myself

I download the ti83 files as soon as i heard about them, an they have been a
great help in finding new rutines in the ti85 rom. The fact is that the ti8x
(maybe except the ti86) are so much a like so the info found on one calc is
normally very helpful on the others. When i did the files on the ti82 i used
both the ti85 and the ti83 information which made everything a great deal
easier. The only problem with using the ti83 information is that i do not
have a rom dump of one. To get one i need a ti83 program which does this,
but i have not found anything yet. I also asked some of the best ti83
programers if they could make one, but they did not want to (and i do not
have the time to do it myself).

>but if a couple of us would like to take this on, I would do my share
>of the sweat.

They main problem right know for me is finding enough time to keep both the
ti85 and the ti82 up to date, so any help is appricaited.

>If we found a couple entry points then we could probably guess very close
>how far the offsets are from the 83 documentation. What do you think?

After i amil this list last time about this i did some more work on this
(eventhought i did not have much time), and i have located almost all the
basic commands. The only ones which are missing is the rutines dealing with
the display and the keyboard (i really want to find them). This means almost
all math functions all store function ...

So from know on we need to find out how to call the functions and how they
return the result. Besides that we need to find the keyboard and display
functions.  So if anyone is interested in this just mail me. Another thing
which we also have to look at is how different these functions are in the
different rom versions, so we can find out how these cin be used in a asm
program.

Dines