Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

Andi was on a vacation and having server problems so he could not update
his page; it was therefore released directly to TICALC.org.  I would assume
his server is "fixed" now, so he updated his page finally.  Plus, since he
was more involved in making 1.1, he announced it on a85.

At 05:57 PM 9/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Pardon me all to bits for making a suggestion to everyone,  I personally
>like Usgard but i never as the message announcing 1.0 and Andy's page was
>never updated until version 1.1 two days ago.  i ask because I want so
>feed back from other people about the idea....If you just go and make a
>shell in you own ideals and you think it is the best one in the world
>that's fine but if everyone else hates it what good is it.
>
>*_*_*_*_*_*_ more stuff in the quotes from me *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
>
>On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 19:02:04 -0500 Terry Peng <tpeng@geocities.com>
>writes:
>>matches
>>very
>>>
>>>  Version 1.0 of Usgard???  if so I need to know where to find it...
>>Ess's
>>> page is not updated then, If so then great!!! Are libs still needed
>>for
>>> the  simpler shells or has that been done away with???  If the
>>answers
>>> are true then START MAKING MORE GAMES FOR USGARD PLEASE
>>>  it has been a long time since I have seen a release of a truely
>>awesome
>>> game for the 85 released from this list or announced to us (I love
>>> try out new games and programs so let the list know when you release
>>> something).
>>
>>Here's an original idea: make your OWN programs!
>
>Here's an original idea: read the message! (Understand that I don't have
>the skills yet to writte my own games also SEE THAT IS MESSAGE IS A
>SUGGESTION TO THE SHELL USERS AND PROGRAMMERS THE IDEA WAS TO GET FEED
>BACK NOT A BUNCH OF STUPID FLAMERS!!!

>>4.0...
>>>
>>>  I am only talking about the complexities generated by the Libs and
>>the
>>> multi shells and popup windows...simple keystokes to change
>>contrast are
>>> better than that control panel (please don't go pissy on my if that
>>has
>>> been fixed in the newest Usgard version)

>>this
>>> please.  I make this please not only for me but the other 350
>>students
>>have
>>> more that 3 games.
>>>
>>> OK I understand big groups suck and all but there needs to be a plan
>>for
>>> any future shells so that they are compatible with all shells out
>>> there...Games that are for just one shell are stupid because you
>>lose a
>>> part of you players with that shell change.  In buisness you try to
>>never
>>> cut out a part of you consumers...
>>

>>Well, we aren't gaining anything when more people use our programs.
>>Personally, i don't give a ---- who plays my games, and I'm sure some
>>other programmers have similar feelings.
>>
>>If you would like to make your own shell, then good luck! But asking
>>other people to do it isn't going to get much done, especially when
> [...]
---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...