Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

Nicholas C Anderson wrote:
> >Excuse me, but the shell you describe as the "one last shell" matches
> >Usgard quite much... it has two versions, LITE and STANDARD, it's very
> >easy to use (the base version is - you can never remove all
> >complications
> >if you want different versions of something)
>
>  Version 1.0 of Usgard???  if so I need to know where to find it... Ess's
> page is not updated then, If so then great!!! Are libs still needed for
> the  simpler shells or has that been done away with???  If the answers
> are true then START MAKING MORE GAMES FOR USGARD PLEASE
>  it has been a long time since I have seen a release of a truely awesome
> game for the 85 released from this list or announced to us (I love to
> try out new games and programs so let the list know when you release
> something).

Here's an original idea: make your OWN programs!

> >I don't see how you can think Usgard is harder to use than ZShell 4.0...
>
>  I am only talking about the complexities generated by the Libs and the
> multi shells and popup windows...simple keystokes to change  contrast are
> better than that control panel (please don't go pissy on my if that has
> been fixed in the newest Usgard version)
>
> >>         I ask everyone who writes shells to work as a GROUP on this
> please.  I make this please not only for me but the other 350 students
> >> who wish to have a simple way to play games in math class and have
> more that 3 games.
>
> OK I understand big groups suck and all but there needs to be a plan for
> any future shells so that they are compatible with all shells out
> there...Games that are for just one shell are stupid because you lose a
> part of you players with that shell change.  In buisness you try to never
> cut out a part of you consumers...

Well, we aren't gaining anything when more people use our programs.
Personally, i don't give a fuck who plays my games, and I'm sure some
other programmers have similar feelings.

If you would like to make your own shell, then good luck! But asking
other people to do it isn't going to get much done, especially when
Usgard is such a good shell.

--
Terry Peng <tpeng@geocities.com>

Follow-Ups: References: