Re: A85: Shoe polish

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shoe polish

Actually, that would probably make a shell fail miserably - people want to
be able to 1) load the shell then 2) play games, not run programs and other
general such nonsense.  Libraries don't really work with TI-85; people are
too lazy to use them.

At 02:11 AM 9/10/97 -0400, Unidentified wrote:
>Salutations,
> This email concerns an idea that I have about a feature possible for a
>shell.  When libraries were used in Usgard, each usually had several
>functions.  In my opinion, it would be much more economical if all of
>those libraries were to split up into myriads of smaller one-function
>libraries.  The format of an assembly program would include all the
>mini-libraries that it needs.  Then, there should be a computer program,
>which reads a certain directory for 85s files, and asks the user to
>check the programs that are on his calculator.  The program should then
>combine all of the needed mini libraries into one 85s file.  I think
>that such approach will definitely save space, and will eliminate all
>the space that was wasted when using the conventional libraries.
>
>	I would gladly program a shell that does the above, yet I lack the
>needed programing skills (although I might accumulate enough skills
>later in the year).  I also think that there are already too many
>shells, to make another one.  However, I am sure that most Australian
>hedgehogs would be very happy if the above feature would be incorporated
>into a version of Usgard.
>
>  Signed anonymously by Arseniy Khobotkov

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...