I chose 8x8 because they're simple to use and they fit well for the screen
size; 16x16 you'd barely be able to see anything around you.

As for the Expander, I would love to support it in one of my games, but
nobody will release information on how to.  I tried looking at expander.asm
but it just confused the hell out of me.  I may even use it in the rpg I'm
working on now, if I can figure it out.

At 09:54 PM 8/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I love RPGs and am glad to see that they are starting to appear decently
>for the 85.  With the Expander and other projects, such programs can be
>much larger.  This is just a suggestion to anyone making an RPG: you
>could use twp files for your RPG, one the "shell" and the other a large
>file containing the levels, sprites, etc that would be saved on the
>Expander.  Each time the user moves on, the new screens could be loaded
>then, allowing for _HUGE_ RPGs.  If no one really cares for this, I have
>just one more suggestion: instead of itsy-bitsy 8x8 sprites, why not
>just make 16x16 sprites or possibly larger?  You can have only so little
>quality in a 64-pixel area.

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: