Re: A85: Link Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Link Port

well, I'm gonna do both =) tomorrow I'm stopping by radio shack and
getting the stuff for turboing my calc. in teh process I'll attach the
link port to the switch I use =) If somebody would be nice to figure out
that memory location and the #'s I'll put together a snazy calc. security
program that'll let you disable any of the os's applications, eg.
graphing, linking, or even runing programs =) all this woudl be done with
a nice windows format so the user woudl never have to worry about numbers
or other cruddy stuff. If I have the numbers and the memory location I
think I could easily whip this out =) just tell me what you guys find out.
		Will Stokes

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Erik L Gillespie wrote:

> I say use a Rigel TSR to find out where in memory the current application
> identifier is being stored.  Once you have the location you can easily
> port the application to any shell you want.
>
> Also, once someone figures out what's what at that memory location you
> can make a complete system security program that allows you to customize
> your calculator security.
>
> While this is all shiny and glittery, it will take time.  Personally, I
> like the idea of hiding a switch in the battery case to manually disable
> the port.
>
> Wyrmlord
> egillespie@juno.com

				Biya! =)

                         .       .     .
                     .    .   .             .
              .    .                            .     .
          .                     Will Stokes                .
      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
       .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
        .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
                       .