Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

I am not sure of the effectiveness of compressing and decompressing on
the calculator.  I doubt it would be size effecient with the limited
resources available on the calc.  For awhile, i was thinking of making
a shell for Usgard that would compress and decompress all strings.
But again, i do not know how feasible that would be.  i don't think
that programs compress very well (in comparison to graphics and such).
It may work better if there is a standard compressed file format for
85s's and you only decompress on the calculator.  Of course, you would
then need to have enough free memory to decompress the string.  Also,
things such as high scores would not be saved.  i've talked to much,
sorry for rambling....

-mike