Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

Dines Justesen wrote:

>  If you let the last part of your shell contain calls not needed when a
> program is running it is actually not a problem. Depending on how you do the
> relocation you either just relocate the program into the middle of your
> shell, or you moe the last part of your shell some where else, and then you
> relocate the program. It is actually fairly easy, and it has been tested
> with Ash.
>
> Dines

I've alreadly thought about that.  It is a good alternative to having to
make everyone recompile their programs.  If I have a future version that
exceeds the size of the upcoming one (Rigel 1.0) I will probably have to
do this.  I have, however, left myself a substantial buffer at the end
of Rigel (allowing for bug fixes and quite possibly future expansion).
Most expansion (more ROM calls, etc.) will be supported through
libraries.  I suppose library support is almost essential if fixed
address relocation is used within an OS.

Ben