Re: A85: Sprite Drawer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sprite Drawer

At 03:24 PM 11/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm just looking for a very small routine to draw bitmaps on the screen.
>I'm making an RPG similar to Dragon Warrior for the Nintendo.  I don't
>know if it will be a scrolling game, maybe just multiple levels.  The

Check out http://ti85.home.ml.org/ click on "My ASM" and there is the
complete source to about 50% of a RPG (Darkness) that I was writing.  Feel
free to use any of the source (routines, etc) except the graphics.

>bitmaps will be for drawing the different pieces of the map and they
>probably won't be moving around alot, though moving rooms might be a cool
>effect for this game.  I've already made a version for TI-BASIC.  It will
>be similar, but the map pieces are going to be 7x7 and there will be a

Make them 8x8.  It'll take the same amount of space in the program, and
there are sprite routines that specifically deal with 8x8 aligned sprites
that are (1) a lot quicker and (2) a lot smaller.

I suggest using PutSprite for your 7x7 or 8x8 sprites (if you do decide to
go 8x8), although writing a aligned routine would be smaller & faster.
NASR would be the best bet for battle graphics (anything over 8x8), it's
well optimized and works with any sized images.

I'm currently working on a 4-shade grayscale scrolling RPG for Usgard, so
if you have any questions or whatnot just ask.

Follow-Ups: References: