Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

>Why not? Just have a 16-entry fixed-length directory name/location table
>at the beginning of ESF mem.  Then you can have variable or fixed length
>filename tables for each directory--like DOS.  Hell, throw in some FAT
>and make it a honest-to-God solid state hard drive. :)

Any sort of fixed-information on the expander should be avoided,
including FAT's, directory tables, etc.  It's because they require
constant updates, and this will wear out the memory on the expander.
See the FAQs section of my webpage for more details.  This is a large
deterrent to having user-defined directories.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm