Re: LZ: Sprities

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Sprities

ok, maybe I misspoke. It's just that the routines to draw the road in Mega
Racers are far more complex then that of say, displaying tetris pieces,
due to objects on the side of the road. or maybe not. maybe i mispsoke,
just my opinion.

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Michael wrote:

> I don't think that it is correct to say that games with different
> sized sprites are more complicated.  Look at many of the games for the
> 8-bit nintendo and you will find how many of the best games only use
> one size sprite.
>
> -mike
>
> On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:44:52 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:
>
> >true, but for more complicated games with a variation of big and small
> >sprites NASR works best.
> >
> >On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Michael
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Yes nasr is more powerful, but if you are making a game that only uses
> >> small sprites, it works wonderfully, especially if all of the sprites
> >> are the same size.  In my game i never used any sprite other than an
> >> 8X8, so i didn't ever even include the size of the sprite in the
> >> .db's.  I just changed the sprite routine a bit and it has saved me
> >> more than a hundred bytes so far.
> >>
> >> -mike

                             Biya,
                               Will Stokes
                                 8^)
          /                                                    /|
         /____________________________________________________/ |
        |                                                    |  |
        |                      Will Stokes                   |  |
        |                 wstokes@geocities.com              |  |
        |           wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu         |  |
        |                 My Personal Homepage               |  |
        |        http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/will.htm       |  |
        |             The TI-85 Calculator Center            |  |
        |   (the website I maintain and update very often)   |  |
        | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/ |  |