Re: Batteries (was Re: LZ: Security my ass)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Erik Huizing wrote:

>  I don't know how correct this is, but here's my reasoning: The lithium
> battery _does_ work. When the calc is turned off, you can pull all 4 AAAs
> out, leave em out (I've done this overnight cause I needed to recharge my
> AAAs) and put em back in later. As long as the calc remains off, the
> lithium battery keeps your memory intact. I think something happens that
> switches power useage over to the lithium when you turn the calc off. (Any
> one tried pulling the batteries after a powerdown from within ZShell?) But
> if the calc is on and you pull the batteries, you distrupt the circuit and
> the calc doesn't have a chance to switch power sources.
> If anyone can confirm this, let me know.

I have also had occasion to remove all four AAA batteries from my calc at
one time, and leave it that way for a while... The lithium does work at
that time.

As for turning the calc off from CShell and removing the batteries, Keith
has worked it out to have the calc turn off with the _EXACT_ same routine
the calc uses... I know that for sure, because we actually let the TI-ROM
turn the calc off... This should then allow for the same kind of
treatment of the batteries that you get if you turn the calc off in the
TI-OS and pull the batteries...

~Michael

Cogito, ergo sum.  Sum, ergo edo.  Cogito, ergo doleo.  Cogito sumere
potum alterum.

Follow-Ups: References: