Re: LZ: Shells and More

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Shells and More

> it willl turn out to be like
> UNIX!  We should just kill OS-85 and make one shell (C-Shell or Z-Shell,
> or a combination) and just add the few features.  We have utilities to
> add things we want, not shells.  I don't think we need expander software
> in the shell, thats what the expander software was for.

Umm.. first off unix is way better then whatever OS you are using but
that is beside the point :)

You miss one key factor - people can make whatever they please.  You
can't "kill" someone else's program.  People can use whatever they
want.  You should be glad people are writing shells at all for free so
you can play games on your calculator. I say bring on the shells and let
people pick and choose.

Stop your death to all shells microsoft mentality and write your own
shell that is the way you like it!

Adam Geitgey
Partner CSRA Web Design and Computer Consulting
"Web Design for the Information Age"
PGP Key upon request
Email:  csrawebtech@qualityservice.com
Web  :  http://csraweb.home.ml.org