Re: LZ: ZShell, OS-85, C-Shell NT, OShell and all the rest

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ZShell, OS-85, C-Shell NT, OShell and all the rest

you know how beginnings of files have a tag that says this string is a
zshell string (or isn;t). I know zshell has it
's own string tag, regualr strings don't and thye don't show up in the
menu thingy. if we incorporated into that string a statemetn of locked or
unlocked you could do this? understnad? I KNOW it could be done.

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, n X t wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jun 1997 19:18:55 -0500 (CDT) Will Stokes
> <wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu> writes:
> >how about an option to lock modifying a game by using an interrupt.
> >that
> >way if you don't want people to change highscores etc. they have to
> >enter
> >a password that they don't know. just a thought.
>
> first of all this will be on the TI85 calculator.. second how do you
> MODIFY a ZSHELL game on the CALCULATOR and make it ASK for a PASSWORD..
> you can't do that..
>
> yeah you can run a hex editor.. but there's no way for the PROGRAM to
> know "WOW THIS GUY HAS A HEX EDITOR AND TRYING TO MODIFY STUFF.. LET ME
> ASK HIM FOR THE PASSWORD"
> ---
> -nXt
>   nxt@geocities.com     http://nxt.home.ml.org             <-- Web Page
>   nxt@juno.com              http://nxtpage.home.ml.org    <-- Online
> Pager

                             Biya,
                               Will Stokes
                                 8^)
          /                                                    /|
         /____________________________________________________/ |
        |                                                    |  |
        |                      Will Stokes                   |  |
        |                 wstokes@geocities.com              |  |
        |           wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu         |  |
        |                 My Personal Homepage               |  |
        |        http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/will.htm       |  |
        |             The TI-85 Calculator Center            |  |
        |   (the website I maintain and update very often)   |  |
        | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/ |  |
        |                                                    | /

Follow-Ups: References: