Re: LZ: ZShell, OS-85, C-Shell NT, OShell and all the rest

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ZShell, OS-85, C-Shell NT, OShell and all the rest

Goddamn it, we're talking about a calculator that's SUPPOSEDLY (heh) out of
reach of babies at all times!  PW protection is pretty pointless on a calc,
because you can remove the friggin' Lithium battery and use the calc.  If
someone seems to want to use the calc, they're pretty stupid and probably
don't even know how do hit CUSTOM F1 to hit CShell (or whatever shell :)   )
anyway.  This is just my $ 0.02.

-The Doctor

{--DO NOT visit my web page at http://members.aol.com/drmortimer--}
This has been a PSA.
IRC: DMortimer

In a message dated 97-06-02 21:14:17 EDT, wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
(Will Stokes) writes:

<< don't make it ON! how could we quit certain ti-basic programs!!!!!!!!

 On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Jeff Tyrrill wrote:

 > A feature I'd like is an interrupt handler. It would make it easy for
people
 > to right TSRs and for people to have several on their calc. But more
 > importantly, I'd like to see a feature where a user can press ON
_anytime_,
 > out of CShell, in TI-OS, while running a BASIC program, while running an
ASM
 > program, etc. the calc would shut off, and ask for a password when it came
on.
 > Will this be implemented?
 > ________________
 >
 > Jeff Tyrrill's TI Calculator Site: Contains programming tips, undocumented

 > discoveries and tips for power users, and comparisons of the different
 > calculator models.
 > http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
 >
 > TI-Files member: The premiere TI site on the web, with reviews of games
and
 > more.
 > http://ti-files.home.ml.org/

                              Biya,