Re: LZ: my 2 1/2 cents on CShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: my 2 1/2 cents on CShell

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Micah/Richard Brodsky wrote:

> My 2 1/2 cents on CShell, though i'd say it deserves a few dollars;)
> 1) It's cool! A shell that's smaller that ZShell, yet has menu APD and
> contrast change!

Well, that's what people seemed to want when I asked back in early April...

> 2) Amazingly, it works with ZD-Bug and GWIZ's extended-ZShell string interrupt
> handlers,

Because it is shorter, there is no risk that it will interfere with the
vector table or handler... The next big version (with Password stuff,
etc.) will be larger, and will have problems... Don't worry though... I
plan to keep a smaller version (basically just the version Keith and I
are just finishing up...).

> 	A) Of course, you need to use the setup program as opposed to the .85b

Of course you have to... The backup with GWiz has ZShell on it ;)

> 3) It seems to me that CShell does not reset the X and Y coords of the text
> cursor, making a few programs a little unhappy, such as Speed Timer

This has been mentioned before, and I'll make sure it's fixed in the next
release (if Keith hasn't seen to it already... ;)

> 4) Although I may be wrong, the menu seems a bit slower in displaying that
> ZShell's

Possibly... I think Keith has fixed this.

> 5) A pixel on the right side of the screen is never reset when CShell exits,
> giving it a slightly unprofessional look

Do you have _ANY_ idea _how_ many people have mentioned this??!

> 2) After being crashed back to, CShell does not reset the screen when exiting
> 	A) The crash-back command is: JP $8BFC

Well, I didn't exactly have interrupt programs in mind when I put the
source together... ;|

~Michael

Cogito, ergo sum.  Sum, ergo edo.  Cogito, ergo doleo.  Cogito sumere
potum alterum.

Follow-Ups: References: