LZ: On more try on explaining Usgard and Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 23:18:54 -0400 (EDT) WindowsWiz@aol.com writes:
>OK, so I made an ass of myself.  I've now thoroughly read the
>documentation,
>tried all the shells, etc. etc. etc., and I still think that Usgard is
>a pain
>to work with.  The only feasible way to use it is if you buy an
>Expander.
>
>-Brandon Turok
>-WindowsWiz@aol.com
>-http://members.aol.com/windowswiz/
Thank you that is exactly how everyone should talk about each others
programs here...

	I do agree that the expander would help but if you have the core
(about 2066 bytes) and one shell (about 300-500) and five or six basic
libs (about 800-1200 bytes) you do lose enough space for 1 or 2 ZShell
games but you can have 1 or 2 more Usgard games.  If you have 8 games on
a Usgard calc and 3 are ZShell and the others are for Usgard (and they
each use some of the libs) and all eight programs take up about 23000
bytes...ok so if you get the usgard version of all 3 of the Zshell games
you might save 1000-3000 bytes, if they each use a lot of libs, giving
you room for one more game (4000+ bytes free on your calc) so now you
could have 9 games instead of 8.  Isn't that the point of libs and Usgard
in general is to do more with the space available?

-GreenLazer@juno.com
-     (Formerly know as Chief28933@aol.com)
-          "I hate a Roman named Status Quo."  -Ray Bradbury
-               Thank you for your time that I have just wasted!