Re: A85: Books (was Re: DJNZ)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Books (was Re: DJNZ)

Well, in the Illinois area there is a library net called Illinet or
something like that, I got a copy of a decently good Z80 ASM book 8 months
ago (inter-library transfer from IMSA, actually).  You could try that.  I
think I even still have the book.  That can NOT be good.

At 11:23 AM 7/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I dunno but I'm gonna search the entire University of Chicago Library
>Archives (multiple libraries) to see if they have it, or anything like it.
>:)
>		Will Stokes
>
>On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Terry Peng wrote:
>
>> Sam Davies wrote:
>> >
>> > But that's the great thing about Zaks' book!  It has a *great* section
>> > describing each of the commands with detailed explanations of what is
>> > modified, the time each instruction takes, the actual opcode for each
>> > instruction, and just about everything else you'd want to know!  Once
>> > you're done reading the intro part in the beginning, that's its most
>> > useful part! :)
>>
>> The Zilog books also have that. Not only do they tell you the time
>> elapsed, they also tell you the number of Machine cycles and T states.
They
>> even have an opcode chart that makes looking up opcodes easy. They also
have
>> detailed technical information about the hardware, and the interrupt
system.
>> (And the books are free)
>>
>> BTW, I have looked in my local library for Zaks's book, I even looked it
up
>> on the computer catalog. It seems that there isn't a single copy in the
>> entire Houston Public Library System! None of the bookstores have it. Is
>> there anywhere I can buy it, and how much is it?
>>
>> --
>> Terry Peng
>> email-	tpeng@geocities.com
>> web-	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/5104/index.html
>> This site always has the latest versions of my software.
>>

>				Biya! =)
>
>                         .       .     .
>                     .    .   .             .
>              .    .                            .     .
>          .                     Will Stokes                .
>      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
>    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
>      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
>       .                                                             .
>      .                                                               .
>       .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
>        .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
>          .                                                      .
>               .               .                     .       .
>                       .

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...