Re: A85: 85s to 86p conversion possibility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Kevin Buck wrote:

> Hey guys, i just had an idea (and it really hurt)  :).  You know the
> ti-85.h header file right?  Well, if you took that, and changed all of
> the ROM_CALL/anything else specifec to the 85, and changed the
> addresses, but left them the same CALL name, couldn't you easily,
> recompile the .ASM code into the 86p format w/ this new header file?
> It's just a suggestion, and I plan to see about a weeks worth's of
> flames over this issue, but why doesn't someone try to do it before
> throwing the idea away. Thanks for your time.

It will work on some games, though not the most complex ones. All those
who use RAM memory at the end of the user memory, any interrupt stuff,
external variables and also romcalls that TI hasn't released info
about yet (M_CHARPUT for example). Also, in my programs, I don't use
the alias TEXT_MEM for temporary variables, so you would manually have
to change $80DF to the corresponding address for the 86. There are more
stuff to fix as well.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please

Follow-Ups: References: