Re: A85: FIND_PIXEL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: FIND_PIXEL

-> Nope. I should explain how the TI's Rom works. The ROM is 128k, but
-> 16 bit addressing would only allow 64k to be accessed! So the 64k is
-> divided into 32k RAM, 16k ROM, and 16K paged ROM. The ROM is divided
-> into 8 pages: page 0 holds the important functions (all ROM_CALLS
-> except FIND_PIXEL). So the first 16k of ROM is page 0, and it is
-> always present! by changing to page 4 you change the 2nd 16K of ROM.
-> Of course, since FIND_PIXEL is the only ROM_CALL NOT on page 0, you
-> do not need to change it back, until you exit the shell. But the
-> shell does it automatically! So you really don't have to do anything.
-> TI-ROM experts, correct me if I am wrong.

If I want to use any of the other functions I STILL don't have to change
it back?  Sorry to bother everyone but this is confusing.

Follow-Ups: References: