Re: A85: Need HELP w/ APD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Need HELP w/ APD

Entzucken@aol.com wrote:

> I am interested in any information one might have on the TI-85's handling of
> APD.  I am curious if there is a byte in RAM used as a timer for APD.  ANY
> information is appreciated...thank you.

ld (iy+8),$8C

will enable APD and

ld (iy+8),$84

will disabled it. Most likely you could just switch bit 3 at (iy+8) as
well. When the APD is enabled, a counter at ($8008) is decrease with
one.
To reset the counter, you could make a call to $115 which will write
$A1 at $8009 (the MSB of the counter) which is approximality 3 min 30
sec
(this has been tested as well as calculated). Note that if you enable
APD in a program, you must call $115 every time a key is pressed -
the calc won't do this automatically.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please