Re: A85: Rigel, a sophisticated shell.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Rigel, a sophisticated shell.

Well, i say that if you can do that, it would be wonderful.  But, as
PHAT OS has already discovered, it is hard to try to create a
"standard".  It appears that Andreas Ess (with Usgard) is the Bill
Gates of the TI community :).  But if you could make a shell about
1500 bytes with libraries, relocation, and interupts, i would surely
program for it.

-mike

On Mon, 11 Aug 97 09:51:53 EDT, you wrote:

>> The smallest possible shell for usgard is 2150 bytes.  So 2000 bytes isn't
>> that far off.  PhatOS does seem to have promise to it, actually.
>
>  In the midst of all the flaming and confusion about which OS you should choose, I've decided to announce yet another.  I plan on releasing a kernel/shell with many features, while in no way compromising size.  Rigel, as I call it, will be released in many different variations.  I have decided, as many will also agree,

<snip>