Re: A85: Ram OS-new OS for 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Ram OS-new OS for 85

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997 Jonathan Anderson <sarlok@geocities.com> writes:

>As far as multitasking, preemptive multitasking (where the shell
>switches when it wants) would be impossible if you could not determine
>the program counter,

You can!  Whenever an interrupt occurs (the only time you would get
a chance to switch tasks preemptively), the program counder is stored
on the stack!

However, the whole preemptive multitasking idea is wrecked whenever
a program disables interrupts, sets the interrupt mode back to 1, or
changes the I register to its own interrupt code...

--
Patrick Davidson (ariwsi@juno.com)
Visit my home page!  Stuff for Amiga, TI-85, TI-92, even DOS!

Follow-Ups: References: