Re: LZ: That didnt work

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: That didnt work

On Wed, 25 Sep 96 01:27:38 UT, you wrote:
>I have tried what barrym said ... but it didnt help... here is the code =
...=20
>and all that is wrong is it wont leave the program... it just freezes on=
 the=20
>exiting text

Your problem is your subroutines.  Each one (like "plotpixel" and
"up") is called, but there's no "ret" command at the end.  You have to
exit from a subroutine with the "ret" command, you can't just "jump"
back to start.

You can either jump" to the routine and the "jump" back, but you can't
"call" the routine and "jump" back.  Your stack pointer will get
screwed up, and a "ret" command at the end won't do anything, it will
just jump back from the last "call" you made.

If you need more explanation, email me.

-Mel