Re: LZ: I think I have a definite plan for memory... I think...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: I think I have a definite plan for memory... I think...

According to Digital Dreamer ( cool name! :) ):

>That was more a problem with the serial port than with the processor..
>the floppy drive was able to transfer much faster.

That's because floppy drive controllers are huge and have larger wires, but
you do have a point.  However, I am afraid that it is a combination of both
for the TI.

>However, I do see an interesting application for this thingame.  Although
>you can't execute code directly in it, you *can* read/write data to it,
>so you could store huge pictures and just have the program copy it to
>graph ram when it needs it without eating up any of that 28k we all so
>love and adore.

Yep.  I would love to build this if it turns out.  One screen of data is 1K
exactly, we could have 35 seconds of full-screen b&w video ( at 15 fps )...
hell of an intro for a game... :)

(I'm having fun with this idea, don't bother taking me seriously) Has anyone
taken apart that TV tuner for the Sega Game Gear? :D

C ya,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate

C> Warning: REALITY.SYS may be corrupt.  Reboot universe(y/n)?

Follow-Ups: References: