Re: LZ: New idea for compression program!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Tony Lieuallen wrote:

> A workaround for PROGRAM_ADDR changing:
>
> decompress the program, call it from within the self-extracting one, and when
> the extracted one ends, then delete it, then return to zshell.

Isn't PROGRAM_ADDR the address in zshell that contains the
offset of the executing program?  All the decompressed programs
internal calls and direct jumps will need that address if thats
what it is, and it'll need it's own address, not the address
of the decompressor, which is what PROGRAM_ADDR will contain.

Unless I misunderstand about PROGRAM_ADDR, which is entirely
possible.

Barry