Re: LZ: Wow, Daedalus works!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Wow, Daedalus works!!!

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996 18:15:01 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
>On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Martin Hock wrote:
>
>> Damn, this thing is pretty cool, especially when you consider that =
it's a
>> 3-Dish engine running on a tiny little portable calculator!  Keep up =
the
>> good work, Sam!
>
>I must agree that this think is awesome.  I couldn't belive he said he =
could
>make it faster in the docs!
>
>> One suggestion for the future you didn't touch on too much in the =
included
>> readme: Allow the designed levels to have their own textures, similar =
to how
>> Chris Busch allows different tilesets in his game engines.  That would=
 be cool.
>> I guess the main thing you have to do now is allow sprites.  I hope =
that
>> doesn't inflate the engine TOO much more, but I have a feeling it will=
 add a
>> bit.  Well, considering that it's 3-D raycasting in 3908 bytes, I =
shouldn't
>> be too picky on the size :) =20
>
>The idea of textures in levels is okay, but that will make them big...
>
>> I hope other people commend Sam for his efforts.  So far all I've seen=
 are
>> messages claiming that he didn't send it.
>
>A lot of confusion, but I'm glad it did work finally!
>
>                              The nice thing about Windows is that it =
does
>Tony Lieuallen                     not just crash...  It displays a =
dialog
>marvin@mars.superlink.net               box and lets you press 'OK' =
first.
>http://mars.superlink.net/marvin/home  =20
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1171/                  =20

PLEASE SEND IT MY WAY-- please..
Eric Linenberg
elinenbe@umich.edu

for information on EVERYBODY from High School go to
http://www.umich.edu/~elinenbe/

im that kid in the corner all fucked up and i wanna
so im gonna take a piece of the pie why not im not
quittin think im gonna change up my style just to=20
fit in