Re: LZ: Hmm. String85 problem..??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Hmm. String85 problem..??

According to D. Switzer:

>	Now, tell me what I'm doing wrong.
>

>	I'm playing with playwav. I edited a wav to the proper
>specs (8bit 11khz mono), converted it to db format, then added
>it to the asm file properly (added the wav-playing header bit),
>then string85 it.. But string 85 just adds a header to the asm
>source.. It's not actually compiling it!
>
>	I believe I'm doing everything right..??

Not exactly. :)

The source must be compiled with a Z80 compiler on your PC into an object
file.  Then you add the header with String85.

Pretty much EVERYONE ( except Mac users, but they don't count ( just kiddin
) ) uses TASM 3.0.1 from Speech Technologies, cause it's free.  Try
TICALC.ORG for it, or the ZShell help file for Windows gives you the
homepage address.  But it doesn't have any newer versions as far as I saw.

I actually got TASM just to play wtih PLAYWAV... then I started actually
learning assembly ( I knew 8088 but not Z80 so it's a bit of a quick learn
for me ), and then started programming for ZS.

Hope this helps,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" on DARKWORLD