Re: LZ: Compression program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Compression program

On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, Eric Linenberg wrote:

> I do not understand-- why could you not just compress the high score
> too
>
> 1. have all programs on calc compresses
> 2. when you run a program it decomresses and deletes origional
> compressed file
> 3. when you exit a program it recomresses and deletes uncompressed
> file

That would work but it would require that the compressor be
on the calc, using up a 1 or 2 k of extra ram.  By leaving
the beginning of the string uncompressed, the uncompressed
program can write the high score into the an uncompressed
area of the compressed program.  No re-compression is
needed.

Barry