Re: LZ: a zipping utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a zipping utility

-> > -> Update:  I checked something out and if we can get an algorithm
-> as > -> good as zip, then we can get about 46% compression.  I have a
-> big zip > -> of a lot of .85s and .85g files, that has an average
-> compression of > -> that.  That would make a savings of about 12k in
-> the above example. > I know of an easy to implement compression
-> algorithm that's better than > Deflate ( which is what ZIP uses ) and
-> is not patended.
->
-> Cool!  Tell us so that someone that can program ASM can do it!

I don't have any documents on it since I saw it in Dr Dobbs September
1996 issue, but you could get source for it at www.drdobb.com (I think
that's the address).