Re: LZ: a zipping utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a zipping utility

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Peter Cordes wrote:

> i personally think that a zipping program on the ti-85 is a bad idea. my
[snip]

I used to think that, but take this example.  I have around 26k of ZShell
programs on my calc.  A compression ratio of only 25% would mean I save 6.5k
I can now use the extra memory on my calc to make TI-BASIC programs have enough
space to run.  Also, adding compression for TI-B programs would be great (The
final output would be stored as a string, right?) because I have TI-B programs
that I need to keep, but don't use very often.

I belive that the only way to decide if a 'zip' program will work is to have
someone make it.  Also, it may have better effects for some people.

                              The nice thing about Windows is that it does
Tony Lieuallen                     not just crash...  It displays a dialog
marvin@mars.superlink.net               box and lets you press 'OK' first.
http://mars.superlink.net/marvin/home