LZ: Zshell Ideas, questions, from a newbie..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Zshell Ideas, questions, from a newbie..

Hey there. I just got a ti-85, thought I needed a graphic calculator
since I'm taking math in college now, (silly me, it's easier than
high school).. but luckily I ran into Zshell and the like, built the
cable, and am flipping out over what my calculator can do!

Questions:

	Is the new ZSHELL going to add capabilities for more than
8 programs, or am I missing something? Seems the menu only allows 8
programs at once.
	Also,how about folders? So there could be a way to organise
things. Folders, directories, whatever you want to call them.

(forgive me if the next one is off topic)

	Has anyone looked into the possibility of upgrading the memory
on the ti-85? Seeing what everyone has accomplished via the 85, it's
a fairly AMAZING piece of equipment! The possibilies right now seem
limited to memory. Between sound, editing, graphics (displaying PICTURES,
this flipped me out ALL LAST NIGHT), it seems that at around 100 bucks,
the 85 would be about the perfect "digital assistant".. I haven't opened
it up, but how is memory in there? Chips? Upgradable in anyway?
	I'm guessing it's been discussed, but I'm new, please forgive
me.

	Also, a slight pipe dream.. anyone working on a music composing
program? That would be a trip, to be able to wite music in class, then
have a converted on the pc to convert the file to midi's or something.
But then again, I'm guess ing how sound is handled, that the 85
is someone monophonic..

oh well. Please answer if possible, be gentle if I'm asking things
too ludicrious to believe..

david