Re: LZ: a zipping utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a zipping utility

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Scott J. Rein wrote:

> There is still a problem with that (if I understand you correctly).  Both
> the zipped version and unzipped version of the compressed program will
> have to exist simultaneously on the calculator at one point.  Maybe there
> is a way to delete a portion of the zipped for every part of the unzipped,
> I don't know.

The only time they'll both have to exist is when the program is
actually running.  If someone only keeps 1 program on board it's
probably not worth having but for someone who has 5 or 6 programs
it might be worthwhile.  Even though the running program would exist
in both forms while it's running, the savings in space might still
be greater than that temporary loss.

Barry