Re: LZ: a zipping utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a zipping utility

At 03:27 PM 9/2/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Jan 1994, Steve Wrobleski wrote:
>
>> I think the best way to make a compression program would be to have the
>> compressor on the computer, and the uncompression program on the calc.
>> This way, we could keep stuff small, and if you wanted to compress
>> something, just go to your computer.
>
>Good idea.  That would make compression a lot more practical.

There is still a problem with that (if I understand you correctly).  Both
the zipped version and unzipped version of the compressed program will
have to exist simultaneously on the calculator at one point.  Maybe there
is a way to delete a portion of the zipped for every part of the unzipped,
I don't know.

One way or another, it is worth looking into.

--	Scott Rein
	srein@rain.org

Follow-Ups: References: