LZ: Just a small suggestion to ALL ZS programmers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Just a small suggestion to ALL ZS programmers

To those who have tried to get screen shots for their games on www pages or
other things... you probably know of the utility Screen Capture 2.0.  This
is a great utility and the authors are to be commended... but unfortunately
the program cannot operate if graphics memory is altered directly... that
puts out a lot of stuff, and anything using NASR ( DOH! )

I would suggest that all ZS programmers place a screen-capture handler
inside their programs, possibly inside a resume-game-after-pause loop.
Possibly dumping the screen mem to a string and setting an internal flag,
then sending the string back into graph-mem before dropping back to ZShell...

Thanks to everyone for listening to my rant :),
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" on DARKWORLD