Re: Re: LZ: A watch?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: LZ: A watch?

> Isn't the speed of the Z80 processor dependent on battery level?  If so,
> how can you make an accurate clock?  Or is the difference in speed
> negligible?

That is exactly the problem.  Someone proposed the idea that on a
turboed calc, this is not the case because the RC circuit is no
longer used.  If this is the case, then a turboed calc could run a
stopwatch program.  But a non-turbo calc will need to be recalibrated
very often because as the battery level goes down, the calc will slow
down, including the interrupts (I think).

Ben
shakal@ns.net

Follow-Ups: References: