Re: LZ: Re: RAM EXPANDER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT -- Please

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:36:05 +0000, you wrote:

>Actually, 60kB/s (note the capital B, denoting bytes instead of bits)=20
>is 25 times faster, but 60kb/s (note the lowercase s, denoting bits=20
>instead of bytes) is only about twice as fast. :) :)

Yeah, I know, but don't you hate it that they're easily confused?  I
can't tell you how many times someone's come up to me and said "My
Sega Genesis catridge says that it's 24 megabytes in size!  That's
bigger than DOOM for the computer!"  What they don't realize is that
it's 24 megabits, which is 3 megabytes.  There should just be one
standard, either bytes or bits!

-Mel

<pre>
--