Re: LZ: Promoting TI-85s and ZShell in schools

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Promoting TI-85s and ZShell in schools

D. Switzer wrote:
[...]
>  can anyone think of any way to get multiple (non i2c) chips (the same
> exact chips) to somehow respond differently, so I can gather data from
> multiple ones? Maybe sick, maybe because I have a piece of shit 86
> taurus, but i'm working on various sensors for my car. I just think it
> would be worth it to see the look on unsuspecting passenger's faces for
> me to hop in, pull a cable out of somewhere, and plug up the 85. Plus it
> would generally be a valuable source of info about my car, "computer
> diagnostics" is the latest greatest thing in auto mechanics, why not a
> cheapo version? )[...]

Umm. Most i2c chips have address pins on them that you can short to VCC or ground (or pullup with
resistors) that indicate the number to add to the chip's base address. Read the data sheet on the
chip you're interested in. BTW: If you've written any successful I2c stuff, let me know.

-BrianR