Re: Svar: LZ: Re: LZB: BoulderDash 0.8P

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Svar: LZ: Re: LZB: BoulderDash 0.8P

On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Eric Linenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:45:57 -0400, you wrote:
> >> that is sweet as fucking hell
> >> -eric
> >> elinenbe@umich.edu
> >> http://www.umich.edu/~elinenbe
> >
> >Why is it that you feel the need to post an expletive-riddled hyperbolic
> >review every time someone posts a game? Are you being paid for this? You've
> >done it at least half a dozen times now.
>
> i have programmed in zshell, and i think that is extremly difficult --
> i only wish i could understand the stuff as much as some others do so
> i could program what they are coming out with-- now i enjoy getting
> programs in the mail and i think that if someone WORKS HOURS sometimes
> DAYS on a program they deserve some congradulation of some sort-- so
> this is my congradulation
>
> 1.  they worked hours on it
> 2.  the person took tons of time to learn the shit
> 3.  they are giving their programs away for free (fot the most part)
> 4.  if no one said anything good about my programs it would discourage
> me to contuinue busting my ass
> 5.  damn it they deserve the compliments
> 6.  im sorry i curesed but when someone does something good from where
> im from the BOLDEST way to congradulate them and make sure you ge the
> point across is to use FUCKING curses-- :)
>

> have a nice day
> -eric
> -elinenbe@umich.edu
> -www.umich.edu/~elinenbe

Ahem... FUCKING curses do not make it any more expressive.  Also, on a
small point, it generally takes longer than a few days to write programs.
As an example, it took three days just to get the sprites done for SH.
I have now been working on it for almost a month, but the junior year of
school is hell, and right now three things are of higher priority:
schoolwork, an Eagle Scout project ( will be completed Oct 12 ) , and
recompiling my MUD so that this guy will give me the site.  But it will be
out soon.  Right now it's a matter of completing a few last routines and
it will be out.

For all those on the list of beta testers, be aware that there is not much
in this upcoming beta, just movement and weapon routines.  It also
displays all the computer-controlled sprites other than the weapon truck
and the helicopter, which are too large to fit on the screen once
everything else is on. ;)

Ryan Myers
rmyers@teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
-- "One useless man is a disgrace.  Two useless men are a burden to
-- society.  Three or more useless men means Congress is in session."