LZ: Don't swear

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Don't swear

Eric Barker(rbarker@polarnet.com)

> Eric Linenberg wrote:
>
> i have programmed in zshell, and i think that is extremly difficult --
> i only wish i could understand the stuff as much as some others do so
> i could program what they are coming out with-- now i enjoy getting
> programs in the mail and i think that if someone WORKS HOURS sometimes
> DAYS on a program they deserve some congradulation of some sort-- so
> this is my congradulation
>
> 1.  they worked hours on it
> 2.  the person took tons of time to learn the shit
> 3.  they are giving their programs away for free (fot the most part)
> 4.  if no one said anything good about my programs it would discourage
> me to contuinue busting my ass
> 5.  damn it they deserve the compliments
> 6.  im sorry i curesed but when someone does something good from where
> im from the BOLDEST way to congradulate them and make sure you ge the
> point across is to use FUCKING curses-- :)

**********

This list should be rated G.  There is no reason to swear in a subject
like ZShell.  The most heated discusions are an occational Mac vs. PC
argumenet, but it is in fun, and no swearing is involved.  We don't want
to hear it, and the people who write the programs don't want to hear it
either, so why do you do it?  Just say, "This game is really sweat!" or
something instead of swearing.  And you don't need to swear to get other
points across.  You used at least 5 swear words in the obove e-mail!
When you swear people don't listen to you, they think your trying to act
cool and it comes across making you look real silly.  SO DON'T DO IT!
Some of your actions could be consitered flames and will make Mangus and
the others real mad, including myself!