LZ: string20 and string85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: string20 and string85

is there a problem with string85. whenever i run it after compiling a game,
it gives me the message cannot open input file. the command i am using is:

string85 stupid 4

where stupid is the first part and .obj would be the next ie stupid.obj.
then if i type:
string85 stupid.obj 4

it gives me the message cannot open output file. what is wrong, and has
anybody else encountered this problem. i am using tasm301 wit the command
-80 -g3 -r12 file.asm i do include the ti-85.asm and all that i just cant
get it to work.

then there is string20.com  it works and turns the obj code into a string,
but then when i try and transfer it over, i get the message file stupid.85s
contains an invalid format and it cancels the transfer. what is up with this
:P please if anybody has any info on it it would be greatly appreciated.

one thing i have found is that it works on dos versions >6 ie dos5. as an
experiment, i took a copy of my friends string85.com and moved it to mine
running dos 6.22 and win95 and got the same message as before.. i have no
idea what this means.
thanx in advance for any help given.
chris porter
Erol's Internet Technical Support
help@erols.com
Check out the Tech Support Links on Erol's Home Page:
http://www.erols.com/erolspgs/techlink.htm
Stay up-to-date with our Updates page:
http://www.erols.com/erolspgs/newslettr.htm