Re: LZ: Mac stringing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Mac stringing

On Sat, 05 Oct 1996 08:11:39 -0800, you wrote:
>Eric Barker (rbarker@polarnet.com)
>
>**********
>> Mel Tsai hastely wrote without thinking:
>
>> Why don't you try an ibm emulator like Softwindows, and then use the
>> "regular" zshell tools?
>**********
>
>I only have a 68040 Mac so I don't want to invest in anything large that=
=20
>is incompatable with a PowerPC, in case I switch (I'm desprate) to a=20
>PowerMac soon.  Also I only have 8MB of RAM, I would have to upgrade my=20
>RAM to 12MB.  The total cost would be around $300.  I want to get Code=20
>Worrior (the $75 version) first so a can do some programming on it.  I=20
>do have a PC but it doesn't have Windows and never will (186 proccessor=20
>with EGA moniter), so if you know of any DOS String85 software, please=20
>let me know where it is.  Also, why use PC when you have a Mac?

The dos string85 is included in the zshell zip.  I primarily use my
486, but I occationally use the powermac lab (because my teacher
forces me to use some mac software for a class).  Don't get me wrong,
I think the macs are nice (and they have a direct ethernet connection
to the internet), but I think windows 95 edges out the mac interface
in terms of power and flexibility.  If it was up to me, however, I
think everyone should use the Sparc Ultra 1's.  Those things kick some
serious ass.

-Mel