Re: LZ: f-term

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: f-term

I just wrote you about not posting stuff like this to the list, but you
haven't gotten it yet... so I won't mailbomb you, yet :) . Anyways, your
idea is (again), not necessary.

The 85 can't do graphx, or sound... so all we need is a text WWW
browser. And one exists already (if you have a shell account), it's
called lynx. Just connect to your account with fterm, and run this, you
can access anything  on the web. The same with any other program... you
can run ftp or telnet or whatever. Fterm support vt100 emulation, which
all versions/flavors of unix should support, so writing browsers is
uneccesary. As far as people who don't have shell access, there's not
much we can do, because writing a TCP/IP driver would be EXTREMELY
difficult (again, we just talked about this a couple of days ago).

Also, a Zterm (its not called that, I don't believe) will exist... I
know two guys who've wrote an asm version on the 83, and the other one
is going to port it to the 85 (or I'm supposed to, I can't remember).
But if you have shell access, you're set. You're comment "I'm shooting
for the idea, not the execution" is kind of ignorant.  You can't really
talk about einstein's theory of relativity if you don't know anything
about physics or mathematics, and the same applies here... it's kind of
pointless to make suggestions when you have no clue what you're talking
about.

Josh Franta