LZ: Variables and Compression

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Variables and Compression

First thing, I'm wondering if any of you could tell me how to find the
address and length of variables on the calculator using an assembler
program in ZShell.  Does it have something to do with the VAT that is in
the ti-85.h file?  If so, is there any relatively easy way to search
through it and find the names of variables.  Then, how do I find their
lengths.

Also, is there any way to delete variables (such as strings and
programs usable by the calculator in TI-OS) using assembler, or at least
delete part of them?  Then, is there any way to create such variables or at
least increase their length?

Then, does anyone know any way in which I could compress these files using
assembler so that I could pack them into smaller space and later decompress
them?  I was thinking about writing a program to compress .85p and .85s
files on the calculator to make more room (never mind about running these
programs while compressed).  It sometimes annoys me how few good games it
seems like I can have on my calc and still preform calculations (in
TI-OS) at a decent speed!

Oh, and could anybody tell me how to exit out of a ZShell program and go
directly to TI-OS?

Thanks,
Michael Wyman
wyma0012@gold.tc.umn.edu