Re: LZ: Lots 'o questions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Lots 'o questions...

Joshua Lynch wrote:

>         I'm fairly new to z-80/zshell/ti-85 assembler programming (i just
> learned this morning :))
> and i had a few questions:
>
> 1. where can i find the list-zshell FAQ? i tried kuai but it seems as though
> its gone. :(
Try ticalc.org

> 2. I know the difference between ROM & RAM but what are the differences in
> accessing them?
accessing the ROM is done with ROM_CALL( or call (see the ti-85.h file
for more info on this) and RAM is accessed by ld a,value \ ld
$memorylocation,a

> 3. What portions of RAM can i use to store variables and such and are there
> specially
> allocated portions of RAM that i should not overwrite?
See the file TI-RAM.TXT

> 4. is there an assembler to use on the TI-85 itself so I don't have to use a
> computer?
Look for the file compiler.zip on ticalc.org(i think that is the file
name) but the maximum size of the program will be a little more than
1000 characters because compiler uses a LIST varible

> 5. what are pages of memory? and what pupose do they serve?
don't know that one.

> 6. what is the difference between video memory and regular (if there such a
> thing) memory
video memory is the memory used by the video card in the TI-85 and i
guess would be the memroy that is normally accessed when you use the
TI-OS but when programming the programmer would normally use text memory
and registers for storing information.

Peter Cordes of Maximus Productions
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp