LZ: RE: link question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: RE: link question

If you've got a serial mouse, a modem, and a Graphlink, you have serious
conflicts. I configured my system so that I could either boot it up with a
standard irq for COM ->4<- or nonstandard (both CMOS and win95 control panel
settings), but it's a real pain. You probably have some other config, but note
that by convention, COM 1 and COM 3 share irqs, as do COM2 and COM 4. I
decided to sacrifice modem use while Graphlinking, rather than mouse.
Windows95 gives you a bit more control about how your ports are assigned, but
you'll still have to experiment with your CMOS (BIOS setup). If Ti came out
with GL software that you could customize the port settings, then I'd be home
free. Your problem is most likely an irq conflict between COMs.
--MZB