Re: LZ: Variables and Compression

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Variables and Compression

 >> It would be nice if such could be done with tokenized TI-Basic programs,
 >> since tokenizing them seems to increase their size.  It just becomes
 >> machine language as well right?  It would just be that you wouldn't be
able
 >> to edit the program unless you uncompressed it...

 >Tokenizing should not make it bigger.  What it does is take things (like
 >Disp for example) and turn them into weird things (like £ for example)
 >that are only one or two bytes.

Actually....
     I think if the program is very large, and has a lot of strings in their
text form and other things which can't be tokenized, then the program
actually gets bigger. Right now I 'm working with Steve Demeter to optimize
and improve NeoHype (a graphical RPG game-- it used to be 22k). The main
program is like 10406 bytes untokenized, but when I run it through it comes
out at 11302 bytes.
     On a tangent...
     The new version (1.42) of Neohype will be coming out soon....