Re: LZ: Thermometer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Thermometer

According to Edward Plese:
>I am going to post the schematics for it later today.  The schematics will
>follow in a few days after I get everything worked out.
>
>I plan to put the thermometer inside my calc and permanently connect it to
>the link port, but does anyone know if this will mess up link transfers??
>
>Thanks
>
>Ed Plese, Jr.
>(eplese@lnd.com)

Hmm... if you did a DPDT switch thing with it, you might be able to switch
it on and off... but with the chip in it would most likely mess up links.

Try building it on a breadboard with a link mockup first.  Wouldn't want you
to bust your calculator.

I was thinking of doing the same thing a while ago with a thermistor instead
of a chip... if somehow the changes in current could be measured, that could
be used.  Then the only affect in the link would be a small loss of current
if it accidentally went through the thermistor.  But I'd put a switch in
anyway.  Maybe I'll try doing this again, I think I once did a thermistor
setup on a breadboard that switched on a LED once it had passed a certain
temperature, if that certain temperature could be monitored and changed via
the port it would work.

Hope this helps,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/