Re: LZ: matrices

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: matrices

On  6 Aug 96 at 8:55, Will Stokes (3D Diamond produ wrote:

> 3:	Highscores I believe make games much much much better... but to do
> so the string/program is changing. Exactly how do I do this without
> resetting the highscore every time I play the game etc. etc. etc.??????

You can do this farely easily by setting a location in memory at the
end of your program like this.

HighScore: .dw 0

When you want to get a pointer to this location you simply:

ld hl,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
ld de,HighScore
add hl,de

HL then points to the highscore and you can do anything you want to
this.  ZShel 4.0 will automaticly redo the checksum for you if you do
this at the beginning of your program:

ld hl,$8C40
set 0,(hl)

That tells ZShell to fix the checksum when your program returns.  Hope
this helps!!

Josh Pieper
ppieper@nemonet.com